What are the causes of wear and peeling of refractory bricks in steel blast furnace lining and how to repair it?
Causes of damage to refractory bricks used in blast furnace lining:
1. Mechanical reasons in the blast furnace smelting process.
2. Chemical corrosion such as the reaction between the alkali metal oxide and the refractory brick.
3. High temperature action of the blast furnace itself.
4. In addition, due to the unreasonable design and construction of the furnace wall of the blast furnace itself, for example, poor quality refractory materials, unreasonable operation during the production process etc.
Methods for repairing blast furnace lining
There are three common types of repairs we have for blast furnace walls:
1. Brick masonry method: that is, the medium repairing is to change the cooling wall and the brick lining. The workers enter the blast furnace to lay the furnace lining from bottom to top, but the shortcomings are long cycle, large workload, long production stoppage and poor working conditions.
2. Hard material pressing method: Repairing the middle and lower furnace walls by hard material pressing technology without dropping the line, which is a method for quickly and effectively repairing the local furnace wall.
3. Spray lining method: It is the most commonly used at home and abroad. There are two kinds of spray-filling construction: dry spray method and wet spray method. Generally, the exposed furnace wall is sprayed under the condition of reducing the material line, especially suitable for the unheated part of the upper part of the blast furnace and the large-area furnace wall repair. If the wall damage area is large, it is most suitable to use the spray lining, and the spray lining is more advantageous for the cooling wall blast furnace.